Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Hmmm you don't say George.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Hmmm you don't say George.

    (CNN) ? President Bush told an interviewer that his presidency may have helped Barack Obama win the White House.

    "I think it was a repudiation of Republicans," he told Charlie Gibson of ABC News, according to a transcript released by the network Monday. "And I'm sure some people voted for Barack Obama because of me. I think most people voted for Barack Obama because they decided they wanted him to be in their living room for the next four years explaining policy."


    As Obama "? who made opposition to the war a centerpiece of his presidential run "? continued to assemble his national security team, Bush would not say whether or not he would still have pushed for war with Iraq if he had known there were no weapon of mass destruction in that country.

    "A lot of people put their reputations on the line and said the weapons of mass destruction is a reason to remove Saddam Hussein," Bush said. "It wasn't just people in my administration. A lot of members in Congress, prior to my arrival in Washington, D.C., during the debate on Iraq, a lot of leaders of nations around the world were all looking at the same intelligence.

    "I wish the intelligence had been different, I guess," he said, but would not say whether he would have pressed forward with the decision to invade Iraq if he had known otherwise: "That is a do-over that I can't do."

    Bush also said that his administration had pressed for tougher regulations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, but that push had been short-circuited by politics. He also said that many of the decisions that led to the economic crisis came from Wall Street before he arrived in the White House.

    "I'm a little upset that we didn't get the reforms to Fannie and Freddie "? on Fannie and Freddie, because I think it would have helped a lot,"? he said. "And when people review the history of this administration, people will say that this administration tried hard to get a regulator. And there will be a lot of analysis of why that didn't happen. I suspect people will find a lot of it didn't happen for pure political reasons."?

    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/200...of-me%E2%80%99/

  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Hmmm you don't say George.

    "A lot of people put their reputations on the line and said the weapons of mass destruction is a reason to remove Saddam Hussein," Bush said. "It wasn't just people in my administration. A lot of members in Congress, prior to my arrival in Washington, D.C., during the debate on Iraq, a lot of leaders of nations around the world were all looking at the same intelligence.

    "I wish the intelligence had been different, I guess," he said, but would not say whether he would have pressed forward with the decision to invade Iraq if he had known otherwise: "That is a do-over that I can't do."

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]Figuring a way to finish, after removing Saddamm, would have done wonders for Bush's ratings.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hmmm you don't say George.

    "And I'm sure some people voted for Barack Obama because of me."


    That was my favorite part. It was the most obvious thing in the world to see, though things like that are hard for George to comprehend.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hmmm you don't say George.

    OK, now the election is over and Obama will be our next president. Bush will go down as one of the worst presidents ever, if not the worst. But there is one thing you can't fault him on and that is his determination. If the "shoe", so to speak, was on a democrat president's foot, would we still hold him in such a bad "light"?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hmmm you don't say George.

    It would be alot worse on this forum.

    Look at all the negative talk about how Obama will ruin our country, when it seems that has pretty much already been done by dubya.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hmmm you don't say George.

    I hope Obama does do horrible just so the Bush critics and the people that think he's the second coming will have to eat their words. You can all say that's horrible to say and unpatriotic but i'm giving him the same chance and respect that you [censored] give Bush. I'm no worse than you
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hmmm you don't say George.

    No, your not. That's completely moronic. You're saying you want the nation to fall, just so you can prove a point? That's ignorant. You think Bush had was named the worst president as soon as he stepped into office, he wasn't. His approval ratings were in the 60/70's and right after 911, they were in the 90's. Trust was put in Bush in the very beginning, during 911 and Iraq...he's the one that screwed up. There wasn't some conspiracy to do this to Bush, he screwed his reputation on his own by his poor decision making. And second coming? I don't even know what you're talking about with that gem.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hmmm you don't say George.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, your not. That's completely moronic. You're saying you want the nation to fall, just so you can prove a point? That's ignorant. You think Bush had was named the worst president as soon as he stepped into office, he wasn't. His approval ratings were in the 60/70's and right after 911, they were in the 90's. Trust was put in Bush in the very beginning, during 911 and Iraq...he's the one that screwed up. There wasn't some conspiracy to do this to Bush, he screwed his reputation on his own by his poor decision making. And second coming? I don't even know what you're talking about with that gem. </div></div>
    How did i know you'd be the first to chime in with your know it all attitude. Shocking !
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hmmm you don't say George.

    How'd I know you wouldn't have an intelligent reply? Shocking!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Hmmm you don't say George.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Milk3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope Obama does do horrible just so the Bush critics and the people that think he's the second coming will have to eat their words. You can all say that's horrible to say and unpatriotic but i'm giving him the same chance and respect that you [censored] give Bush. I'm no worse than you </div></div>
    You're free to your opinion...

    But if you truly wanted things to be better in America, I don't think you ought to settle for being "no worse than" people who didn't give Bush a chance.

    For the record--I voted for Gore in 2000, but when Bush won I said...OK, let's see what this guy can do. I hope he runs the country well. 9/11 came, I said--let's see what this president's made of, let's see how he leads us through this. Pursuit of Al-Quaida came, and I wanted him to get those guys for 9/11...I wanted to see us get Bin Laden and take down that terrorist organization that was an imminent threat to us as proven by 9/11.

    Then he went to Iraq. I started getting skeptical right then and there because the intelligence was fuzzy, the motivation for going to Iraq was half-baked, and I flat didn't buy it from the get-go, even though I will say the world's a better place w/o Saddam Hussein. BUT--we still haven't taken down Bin Laden and Al-Quaida, and we continue to be in Iraq for reasons that started out as fighting terrorism, and ended up being nation-building and oil-motivated.

    For me, as an American, the war in Iraq was the turning point that I feel gave me license to be as skeptical of George W. Bush as I could possibly be. THAT...is when you heard the most boo-birds and criticisms come out towards Bush. I gave Bush a chance. I rooted for him and this country to succeed during his time in office--but he couldn't make it happen--and a lot of it was directly or indirectly (in my eyes) his fault.

    To put a sports analogy to it, it's like rooting for Mike D'Antonio to fail in NY so you can say something to the effect of, "See, Isiah Thomas wasn't such a bad coach, and all of you thought he was so bad and D'Antonio was so great". It's a weak argument and a petty "victory" that you'd like to claim if you get to claim it.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •